Small Pond Media LLC 2012 Phone Book Cover Contest
PRIZES: 1st prize - $350, ad will be used for the 2012 Phone Book Cover, a Full page ad
under the artists heading in the 2012 phone book
2nd prize- $150, a half page ad under the artists heading in the 2012 phone book
3rd Prize- $50, a quarter page ad under the artists heading in the 2012 phone book
1. One entry per person.
2. DEADLINE for all entries is December
3. The artwork for the phone book cover must display some aspect of the Southeast Volusia area, (including Port Orange)
using a blue color scheme as the background or at least 75% of the design must be some shade of blue. (see www.mysmallpond.com for past covers)
4. Phone Book Cover contest entries must include a completed/signed Entry Form (see
below), proof of residency (a copy of a local DL or id card) and either be enclosed in an
envelope and mailed to Small Pond
Media Cover Contest, PO Box 546 New Smyrna Beach 32170, or scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “cover contest entry form” in the subject line.
High-quality scans of the original artwork may be submitted via
email to email@example.com or you may mail us a disk containing the high-quality scan of the original artwork (disks will not be returned). Entries
must include your full name and a contact number and will not be entered into the Small Pond Media 2012 Phone Book Cover contest
until you turn in a signed entry form (which must indicate the name of the digital file submitted so it can be matched to
5. Condition/Formats of Phone Book Cover entries:
§ The scan of original artwork must be in good condition and/or in high resolution digital
format (minimum 350 dpi, jpeg preferred)
§ Winners must be able to provide us with the original artwork for verification purposes so please
keep the original.
The measurements of our cover are 7
3/8” wide, by 10 7/8”
high. Your artwork must be able
to fit within these dimensions so please keep this in mind when creating your artwork.
6. Person submitting the entry
must reside in the Southeast Volusia area, or Port Orange and submit a copy of their Drivers license or ID card for proof
7. Person submitting the artwork must be the original artist of the entry.
8. All artwork entered in the Phone Book
Cover Contest may be used in Small Pond Media
advertisements and customer information materials.
9. The Small Pond Media 2012 Phone
Book Cover Contest ends on December 15, 2011. Artist need not be present to win.
10. Small Pond Media employees and immediate
family members are not eligible to enter.
11. No entries will be accepted after December 15, 2011 at 5pm local time.
12. Small Pond
Media is not responsible for incorrect or incomplete information; lost, stolen, late, or misdirected entries.
artwork only will be accepted. Please do not submit copyrighted material.
14. Small Pond Media will not be liable for any copyright issues.
It will be the responsibility of the artist.
15. Awarding of prizes will be announced by December 30, 2011. Prizes must be claimed
by the winners no later than January 6th, 2012.
be judged on the following criteria
1) Relevance of the artwork to the New Smyrna Beach, Edgewater, Oak Hill area- the ability of the artwork to portray the
beauty, meaning or pride of our local community.
2) The artwork needs to be predominately blue, it can have other colors included and you can use different shades of blue.
The theme does NOT have to be oceanic. The reason for this is that we have found that many people refer
to our phone book as the blue book and we do not want to confuse people.
3) Our ability to turn the piece of art into a phone book cover. Do the dimensions and the overall
design work with our phone book cover? (Text, logos, etc. will remain in the same place on our cover so we must select a winner
that will work within our parameters) Please visit our website, www.mysmallpond.com to view the format of our current cover.
4) Originality and overall attractiveness of the artwork.
Small Pond Media 2012 PHONE BOOK COVER CONTEST ENTRY FORM
of Entry: December 15, 2011)
GRANT OF PERMISSION TO PUBLISH AND RELEASE. The undersigned warrants that he or she is the owner of the submitted artwork and hereby
grants Small Pond Media LLC permission to publish and use such artwork in any and all forms of advertising that may be
distributed by SPM.
__________________ Address: ____________________________
E-mail Address: ___________________________
Date: __________________, 2011